Nick's Bar was opened in 1937 by Nick Ferro and Blackie Guillory.
For many, many years, Nick's was opened to men only. Local men would gather
and play dominoes and Bouree' while enjoying cool refreshments and talking.
Nick's was once a two-story building. During prohibition, Nick's used the
upstairs for serving alcohol while the downstairs remained the area for
card playing. When the revenuers arrived, the bartender would sound
a buzzer and the upstairs activity would cease.
Still remaining today is the original bar which was brought to Eunice by a
horse-drawn wagon. Other points of interest are the three original paintings
by T.L. Lewis dated 1938. It is believed that Mr. Lewis was a traveling
artist who painted these pictures for drinks and meals.
In closing, we at Nick's would like to thank everyone who shared their "Memories"
and donated items we have on display.
Dexter and Sunny Guillory